Lost Forest Open: Daily June 21 - September 6, 2021 | Weekends September 10, 2021 - October 3, 2021
10:30AM - 4PM
The Breathtaker is open from 10:30am to 4:00pm during normal Elk Camp Gondola hours, and during the special Snowmass Bonus Nights celebrations at the adjacent Elk Camp Restaurant. Learn more about this exciting ride with the videos and information below.
Snowmass' Newest Thrill
The Breathtaker covers over a mile of terrain mid-mountain at Snowmass, zooming through the trees at speeds of up to 28 mph.
But First, a Gondola Ride
Purchase in advance and check-in at the ticket office at the base, then proceed up the Elk Camp Gondola. The Breathtaker faces the top gondola terminal at Elk Camp.
Learning how to operate the Breathtaker's coaster cars is easy. See the age, height and weight requirements below for details.
Need to Speed
When your kids return from summer break, they'll be asked "what was the best part of summer?" There's a good chance it'll be the 7 minutes they rode the Breathtaker.
- Guests should arrive at the Elk Camp Gondola Ticket Office to begin the check-in process prior to loading the gondola to Elk Camp
- Guests must present ticket to access the coaster for each ride
- Ride will take between 7 and 9 minutes to complete
- Riders will travel through over a mile of forest on an elevated track at up to speeds of 28 mph/45 kph
- Track features curves, turns and hairpin turns
- Riders are solely responsible for both monitoring the speed of their sled and to control their braking in order to maintain safe distances between sleds
- Please review our Lost Forest Rules & Regulations before purchasing admission
Rules & Health Requirements
- All riders must sign a release of liability waiver
- All loose clothing and hair below shoulder length shall be secured prior to starting the ride
- No food or gum is allowed on the ride
- Participants must remain seated at all times and keep their arms and legs inside the sled for the duration of the ride
- Driver must maintain at least 80 feet /24 meters in dry conditions/160 feet/48 meters in wet conditions between their sled and sled in front of them on the track
- Stopping on the track is only permitted in the event of an emergency
- No backpacks or bags allowed on the ride
HEALTH REQUIREMENTSGuests who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol of any kind may not participate in this activity. Guests with the following medical conditions may not participate in this activity: (a) pregnant or think they may be pregnant, (b) heart condition, (c) seizure condition, (d) history of back or neck injury, or (e) any other medical condition that prevents guest from following the safety rules and guidelines.
Age, Height & Weight Restrictions
- Between 54 inches and 84 inches tall (137/213 centimeters)
- Must be physically able to maintain seated position and use safety restraints
- Capable of understanding and obeying all verbal and written instructions
- Capable of visually identifying sled in front of them to maintain safe following distance
- Able to operate brake levers to control the speed of the sled
- Driver must be 16 years or older to pilot sled with passenger
- Driver weight cannot exceed 375 lbs/170 kg in dry conditions, 330 lbs/150 kg in wet conditions
- At least 38 inches/97 centimeters tall
- There is no minimum age for passengers as long as they meet all other height and weight requirements
- Must be shorter than the driver
- Capable of holding onto front handle while sled is in motion
- Total passenger (max of 2) weight for sled cannot exceed 375 lbs/170 kg in dry conditions, 330 lbs/150 kg in wet conditions
Completely unused Lost Forest Base tickets are refundable. Lost Forest Canopy, Treeline, and Bonus Night Base Tickets require 48-hour cancellation notice. No refunds due to weather if operations remain open. No partial refunds.
Summer weather in the Rocky Mountains is unpredictable and out of our control. As a result, we do not offer refunds due to weather impacts on our operation. Please check the forecast while planning your activities.
< Back To Lost Forest