Located adjacent to the Elk Camp Restaurant, riders and passengers will be able to experience the thrilling ride during the day and during special Ullr Nights.
Reservations are required. Purchase in person at any ticket office, buy online, or call 866-857-8769 to reserve. Winter activities are weather-dependent and subject to cancellation. Click here to view our activities status. Winter activities tickets are non-transferable.
Pro Tip: Coaster may close early due to capacity, to ensure the best experience please arrive no later than 1:00pm. Partially used tickets are nonrefundable.
Dates: November 24-27, December 2-4, 9-11, December 16-April 2, April 7-9, 14-16, 2023
Hours: 11:00am - 3:30pm*
*Times are subject to change and may close early due to capacity
Coaster Ticket PricingBook now
|Coaster Only||For up to 3 rides. Valid during daytime operations only on specified date.||$58|
|Coaster + Tubing Combo||1 day of Tubing and up to 3 rides on Coaster. Includes gondola access.||$69|
|Coaster + Tubing Ullr Night||Unlimited Tubing and Coaster access during specified Ullr Night. Includes gondola access on designated night.||$67|
|Tubing Only||Unlimited Tubing all day. Valid during daytime operations only. Not available on Ullr Nights.||$46|
*Coaster times are subject to change and may close early due to capacity.
- At least 38 inches/97 centimeters tall
- There is no minimum age for passengers as long as they meet all other height and weight requirements
- Must be shorter than the driver
- Capable of holding onto front handle while sled is in motion
- Total passenger (max of 2) weight for sled cannot exceed 375 lbs/170 kg in dry conditions, 330 lbs/150 kg in wet conditions
- Between 54 inches and 84 inches tall (137/213 centimeters)
- Must be physically able to maintain seated position and use safety restraints
- Capable of understanding and obeying all verbal and written instructions
- Capable of visually identifying sled in front of them to maintain safe following distance
- Able to operate brake levers to control the speed of the sled
- Driver must be 16 years or older to pilot sled with passenger
- Driver weight cannot exceed 375 lbs/170 kg in dry conditions, 330 lbs/150 kg in wet conditions
- All riders must sign a release of liability waiver
- All loose clothing and hair below shoulder length shall be secured prior to starting the ride
- No food or gum is allowed on the ride
- Participants must remain seated at all times and keep their arms and legs inside the sled for the duration of the ride
- Driver must maintain at least 80 feet /24 meters in dry conditions/160 feet/48 meters in wet conditions between their sled and sled in front of them on the track
- Stopping on the track is only permitted in the event of an emergency
- No backpacks or bags allowed on the ride
Snowmass' Newest Thrill
The Breathtaker covers over a mile of terrain mid-mountain at Snowmass, zooming through the trees at speeds of up to 28 mph.
Learning how to operator the Breathtaker's coaster cars is easy. See the age, height and weight requirements below for details.
Need for Speed
You are in control of the Breathtaker the entire time. Ease up on the brakes and let it fly through the curves.
Ullr Nights Fun
Experience a completely different thrill: ride the Breathtaker at night during Ullr Nights celebrations.
- Guests who have not yet signed a waiver should do so online or when they arrive at the Elk Camp Gondola Ticket Office to complete one prior to loading the gondola to Elk Camp
- Guests must present ticket to access the coaster for each ride
- Ride will take between 7 and 9 minutes to complete
- Riders will travel through over a mile of forest on an elevated track at up to speeds of 28 mph/45 kph
- Track features curves, turns and hairpin turns
- Riders are solely responsible for both monitoring the speed of their sled and to control their braking in order to maintain safe distances between sleds