Maroon Bells Basecamp
Maroon Bells Hotline
- A lounge for relaxing while you wait for the bus
- Sunscreen and snacks available for purchase
- Bike Rentals to bike to the Bells
- Interactive opportunities to learn about the topography and ecosystem of the Maroon Bells Area
- Artwork featured as part of the Art in Unexpected Places program
- Water filling station for filling up your reusable water bottle
- Maroon Bells apparel and merchandise to memorialize your Aspen Snowmass and Maroon Bells experience.
Welcome to the Maroon Bells Basecamp
Learn all about the area, its unique geology and ecosystems, as well as the fascinating history of the region.
With a visit to the Maroon Bells Basecamp, you'll get all the info you need before your visit to "The Bells."
From a new hoodie to sunscreen, ballcaps and snacks, the Maroon Bells Basecamp has the goods.
Daily: June 21 – Sept. 6, 2021 | Weekends: Sep 10-12, 17-19, 24-26, Oct 1-3
At the top of the world, it’s easier to find your center.
From Snowmass Base Village, the Elk Camp Gondola sweeps through the trees and ends amid Lost Forest and Snowmass Bike Park, where adventure awaits you. From the heart of downtown Aspen, the Silver Queen Gondola delivers guests to the peak at 11,200 feet, where endless vistas and flower-laden hiking trails await. Note that in June the Silver Queen Gondola at Aspen Mountain will be closed for maintenance. During this time, you can purchase a single-ride sightseeing ticket for the Summit Express Lift at Buttermilk.
Sightseeing Package – $39
Available at: Snowmass and Aspen Mountain only
- 3 days of gondola and chairlift rides (valid 3 of 7 days) at Snowmass's Elk Camp Gondola and Aspen Mountain's Silver Queen Gondola (or Buttermilk's Summit Express Lift as the Silver Queen Gondola will be closed for regular maintenance through July 2, 2021).
- 10% off Lost Forest Base Tickets for one time use
- $10 lunch credit at Sundeck Restaurant* (top of Aspen Mountain), Ajax Tavern (base of Aspen Mountain), or Elk Camp Restaurant (top of Elk Camp Gondola at Snowmass) for one time use
- 20% off bike rentals at Four Mountain Sports for one time use (excluding downhill bikes and e-bikes)***
- 20% off bike clinics for one-time use
Available at: Snowmass and Aspen Mountain ($31) or Buttermilk ($25)
Good for one ride on either the Elk Camp Gondola and Chair, Silver Queen Gondola or Summit Express.
*** 20% off bike rentals at Four Mountain Sports does not include downhill bikes or e-bikes
**** September 10 through October 3, the gondolas and chairlift operate Friday – Sunday only. The Maroon Bells bus tour will operate 7 days a week until October 3.