Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that, while we love skiing Aspen Snowmass and we love technology, they don't always love each other. Here are a quick fixes to common problems:
HOW DO I CONNECT MY ACCOUNT?In order to view your Skier Days and save your Stats, you will need to login or connect your account to your lift ticket. If you have purchased online with us in the past, you can use the same username and password to login to the App. If you do not have a login, you will need to Connect Your Account.
In order to Connect Your Account you'll need to have your Pass Number or Aspen ID (located on your Aspen Card ticket / pass, or at the bottom of your Ikon Pass ), email address and last name. With this information, we'll be able to identify your profile in our database and activate your Aspen Snowmass app account. To do this, follow these steps:
1. When you open the app for the first time, tap ‘Connect Account’
2. Enter your Last Name
3. Enter your Pass Number, Aspen Card ID or Ikon Pass
4. Enter your Email Address – this should be the email account where you receive Aspen Snowmass emails
5. Tap ‘Next’
6. On this step, you may be asked to Create a Password, or you might be prompted to Reset Your Password.
a. If you are prompted to Create a Password, follow the guidelines provided on the page
b. If you are asked to Reset Your Password, you will receive an email with a temporary password – copy the entire password and paste it into the app before creating your own.
7. Finally, you will be asked to log in after you have created or reset your password. Use the email address that you entered in Step 4, and the password you just created here.
8. Enjoy using the app!
*If you don't have your Aspen Card yet, or if you have misplaced it, you may call our Mountain Call Center team at 1-855-509-8642 to retrieve it. You may also elect to “Continue as Guest” – this option allows you to access areas of the app that don't have personalized tracking features— you'll still be able to check weather and mountain conditions, events and activities, and information regarding our lift tickets, lessons and rentals.
HOW DO I LOG IN?If you do not know your login information, please refer to the ‘How Do I Connect My Account?’ section above. If you already know your login details (hint: it is the same username and password you use to purchase online), follow these steps.
1. When you open the app for the first time, tap ‘Start’ on the Welcome Screen
2. Then tap ‘Login’
3. Enter your username and password – these are the same as what you use to purchase online with us
Once you have logged in, you will remain logged in until you log out. If you are having trouble, please give our Mountain Call Center team a call at 1-855-509-8642.
Please note that your login information in the Aspen Snowmass App is the same as your login information to our online stores.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO ‘CONTINUE AS GUEST’?This option allows you to access the app without connecting your profile. You will not be able to track your Stats or Skier Days, or use the Loyalty Program on the App, if you are in Guest Mode. However, you will still be able to see Mountain Conditions, Mountain Cams, Grooming Reports, Lift Status, Trail Maps, Event & Activity information, as well as details on our Lift Tickets, Lessons and Rentals!
HOW DO I LOG OUT OF THE ASPEN SNOWMASS APP?To log out of the Aspen Snowmass App, follow these steps:
1. Tap "account" on the bottom right of your screen
2. Tap Log Out button
Once you log out, your personal data will be deactivated, but you'll be able to access all other public-facing features in Guest Mode. You can log back in within that same location. Or, if you've closed out the app, you'll be prompted to login at the welcome screen.
HOW CAN I UPDATE MY USERNAME OR PASSWORD?1. Navigate to "account" on the bottom right
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Edit Profile: On this page you’ll be able to change your username and password.
- If it has been more than 24 hours since you last logged in you’ll need to verify your password before making edits.
- Username not in correct format. If you see this message, your current login is not a full email address. Simply tap to enter a full email address.
- Username and email do not match. Please edit. If you see this message it means we have a different email address on file for your login vs how we communicate with you. Simply tap to enter an email address to be used for both moving forward.
- Please ensure you are on the latest version to access this feature.
IF YOU CAN'T CONNECT YOUR ACCOUNTIf you meander over to the "Your Account" tab, we'll walk you through how and why we sync your account. If you're having issues syncing accounts it might be because you have multiple Aspen Cards. If you have your other Aspen Card(s) on hand, feel free to see if a different Aspen ID works. If not, our Guest Services team has access to view your entire account, and can help get you the right number / identify the problem.
1. Ensure that your last name, email address and Aspen Card ID are correct. If you are unsure, try a different email address. If the issue persists, contact Guest Services at1-855-509-8642.
2. In some cases, you may not have an email address associated with your account. You will need to call our Guest Services team to get this set up, and then you will be able to complete the steps to connect your account. Please contact them at 1-855-509-8642.
3. If your account does not have a birthdate associated with it, our Guest Services team will need to help get that set up in order for you to complete the steps to connect your account. Please contact them at1-855-509-8642.
4. You may have more than one account in our system. If this happens, you might not be able to connect to your account with your email address and/or you may not see accurate skier days reflected when you log in. If you are having trouble, our Guest Services team can help merge your accounts into one and get you on your way. Please contact them at 1-855-509-8642.
6. Have you purchased in the past with us but don’t have your Aspen Card? You’ll need one to ski, but if you already purchased and it is on the way, our Guest Services team can get you the Aspen Card ID to use. Please contact them at 1-855-509-8642. If you aren’t skiing, you can continue as a guest and access many features of the app without it.
7. If you still need to purchase lift tickets, you can continue as a guest in the meantime and use many features of the app without an Aspen Card.
Stats and Tracking
MY STATS & TRACKINGOne of our favorite features is My Stats & Tracking. This feature allows you to choose a mountain and track your downhill vertical feet throughout your day! With Tracking on at Aspen Highlands, you will also be able to track Bowl laps.
TIP: it is best to start tracking when you first arrive at the mountain; while on a ski lift; or at the top of trail. If you start tracking in the middle of a trail, your total vertical may not be counted for that run.
1. From any page, tap the blue tracking button at the top left of your screen
2. If you have not turned on Location Services, tap “Always Allow” or follow the prompt to your “Settings”
3. Select the mountain you want to start tracking on
4. Start skiing or riding!
Important things to remember about Tracking:
- Guest must be logged in for the blue tracking button to appear
- This feature uses GPS technology. You can still use the GPS Tracking feature without cell service or WiFi connection, however you will need to login to see your Stats to start – this requires a cell connection OR WiFi, but once you are logged in, you can use the app throughout the day without connection.
- Older devices and software may not be as accurate in tracking via GPS.
- On many mobile devices, using GPS has a negative effect on battery life. Taking extra precautions, such as keeping your phone warm throughout the day, will help ensure that you can continue to use the Aspen Snowmass App all day long.
- For the most accuracy in tracking, make sure you enable Location Services to “Always Allow” – setting your Location Services to “Only While Using” will cause discrepancies with the technology.
- Tracking will turn off automatically after 8 hrs. Remember to turn on Tracking at the beginning of each new ski day.
- If you leave the mountain boundary, you will be prompted to turn off Tracking when you reopen the app.
- If you ski at more than one mountain during the day, you will need to turn on Tracking at the new mountain once you have arrived.
Yes! Visit the Communications page to opt in to notifications.
IS THERE A WAY FOR THE APP TO REMIND ME TO TURN ON TRACKING?
1. Navigate to "account" at the bottom right, then tap Settings, then Communications.
2. On this page you’ll be able to opt in to receive Tracking Reminder notifications.
3. These notifications will only be sent once per mountain per day. They’ll be triggered on your first lift ride of the day.
4. To receive notifications location services must be set to Always Allow, and Push Notifications should be enabled.
5. Please ensure you are on the latest version to access this feature.
Payment and Reloading
How do I reload my Aspen Card?
- Tap Account at the bottom right, then Aspen Card.
- If you or other family members are eligible to reload, you will be able to tap a blue Express Lift Access button at the bottom of the page, and on the next page, you can select exactly who you want to reload.
- On the checkout page select your start date and number of days, then your payment method.
What type of payment methods do you accept?We accept Apple Pay, Google pay, and manually entered Visa/MC/Discover/AMEX cards. Please note that manually entered credit cards will not be saved in-app or anywhere in our system.
What type of lift access can I reload, and are there special rates?
- Single and multi-day lift tickets for any age, at the same in-resort/advance rates we offer on our website and via phone.
- Season pass extensions (if eligible). Note: you must select “1-day” to reload extensions since we do not sell multi-day extensions.
- At this time, we are not allowing reload for: Season Passes, or lift access of any type for next season.
I am having trouble reloading for a family member. I can see them on the Aspen Card page, but I do not see them available to choose on the Select Guest page. Why?Only guests who are eligible to reload will be listed on the Select Guest page. To be eligible, you must already have purchased an Aspen Card under your name, and we must have a valid birthdate for you in our system. Please contact us at 877-308-7960 for assistance.
I have completed a transaction but I see a banner that says it requires more processing. What happened?Please contact us at 877-308-7960 for assistance, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone and Data - Dynamic Tab
UPDATE YOUR PHONE AND UPDATE YOUR APPA lot of times, weird quirks and crashes within mobile applications is simply because they haven't been updated. Software updates on your phone are crucial for good app experiences across the board, and as we continue to grow the app and its technology we'll also be pushing out new versions and updates. Before reaching out to our Guest Services team, make sure that your phone is updated to the most recent Operating System and you're using the most recent version of our app.
YOUR PHONE IS DYING. FAST!Unfortunately, powder is great for skiing but not great for battery life. Avoid exposing it to the cold air unless absolutely necessary. Keep it in a warm pocket. There are also some great cases that help to prevent your battery from dying in the cold, and even some portable chargers that are small and can help you juice up between runs.Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 32 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit (0 and 35 degrees Celsius). Low or high temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior in order to attempt to regulate its temperature. For more information regarding iPhone reactions to extreme cold or hot temperatures, and tips to helping improve performance on-mountain, check out this support article on Apple's website.
CAN I CHANGE MY APP TO DISPLAY STATS AND WEATHER INFORMATION IN METRIC AND CELSIUS?Yes! Visit the Temp & Units page to adjust your display units.
1. Navigate to "account" at the bottom right, then tap Settings, then Temp & Units.
2. On this page you’ll have the option to toggle between F and C for Temperature, and IN and CM for Units
3. Please ensure you are on the latest version to access this feature.
WHERE CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO POWDER ALERTS/ASPEN SNOWMASS NEWSLETTERS?Visit the Communications page to adjust your communication settings.
1. Navigate to "account" at the bottom right, then tap Settings, then Communications.
2. On this page you’ll be able to subscribe and unsubscribe to Powder Alerts, Newsletters and other emails.
3. Please ensure you are on the latest version to access this feature.
LOCATION TRACKINGIn order for our maps to accurately show where you are on the mountain, or to use the vertical feet and Bowl lap tracking features, you'll need to give the app permission to track your location. - For the most accuracy in tracking, make sure you enable Location Services to “Always Allow” – setting your Location Services to “Only While Using” will cause discrepancies with the technology. This technology will run for eight hours from the time you accept location tracking. If you don't want to to turn on location tracking, that is OK with us but the maps will remain static, we will not be able to show you where you are located on our on-mountain maps, and you will not be able to track your vertical skiing and Bowl laps stats.
For maximum accuracy you'll need to make sure to open the app and accept location tracking before you get on a lift, if at all possible. If not, the maps and tracking will still work but the location tracking technology will reset itself when you get to the top of the lift you're riding in order to appropriately understand where you are on map, which could take a minute.
Please take note that there are limitations to GPS tracking and there may be occasional blips if a satellite signal is being blocked by something nearby. This doesn't happen often. It should correct itself, or you can try closing out of the app, then reopening it and navigating back to the maps and stats & tracking pages.
Also, note that Location Services are automatically disabled after 8 hours of use. This helps preserve battery life. You will need to close the app entirely, and reopen it to start tracking your location again.
If you are still having trouble, please notify our Guest Services team at 1-855-509-8642.
MAPSThis tab displays a trail map for all four of our mountains: Snowmass, Aspen, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk. These maps are also interactive, and require Location Services to be enabled in order to work as accurately as possible. You will need to turn on Tracking in order to view your location on the Map, but once you have turned on Tracking, the map will center to your location when you open the Map. If you are noticing errors or inaccuracies, first make sure your Location Services are set to “Always” or see our troubleshooting section for more details.
DATA USAGESome Android devices are experiencing high data usage when the Aspen Snowmass App is not in use, especially on older devices or older versions of Android operating systems. We are actively working on a long term solution to a known issue with our Android App. To troubleshoot, please update your Android App on the Google Play store to version 2.0.1208. We have completed a fix that will address most data usage issues. If you are still experiencing these issues, it is best to make sure that the App is not open in the background.
Still Need Assistance?