Getting to Aspen Snowmass is easy, especially when you have dedicated companies like these to help make your travel arrangements simple, safe and affordable.
Colorado's ground transportation leader. Providing daily shuttle service with frequent departures to and from Denver International and Eagle County Airports to most lodging locations. Premier VIP private chauffeured services also available.
Every year over 370,000 travelers choose Colorado Mountain Express, now Epic Mountain Express (EME), for their airport ground transportation to and from Aspen and Snowmass Village, Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, and Keystone. Colorado Mountain Express offers Door to Door airport ground transportation service in the form of shared ride shuttles, and privately chauffeured Charter van and EME Premier services. EME counters are conveniently located in the baggage claim areas of Aspen/Pitkin County, Denver Int’l, and Eagle County airports. An unsurpassed safety record, flexible schedules, impeccably maintained vehicles and courteous, friendly drivers let you sit back and relax. Go with the leader in ground transportation, in business for over 26 years. Epic Mountain Express is a Better Way to get there!
For questions and shuttle booking, please contact Epic Mountain Express.
Epic Mountain Express Rates
Door-to-Door Shared Ride Shuttle Service. Please call one of our professional representatives for current rates.
Pickup in the Aspen area is limited to locations within the Town of Aspen grid. Door-to door pick up in the Snowmass Village area, includes all hotel and condo complexes. Pick up at private homes is limited. Rates and Schedules are subject to change. (Limited days, please call to confirm).
Aspen Snowmass Local Service
Shuttle meets all flights at Aspen Airport. Door to Door service serving Aspen Snowmass Resorts.
Avis Car Rental233 E. Airport Road, Suite G
Aspen, CO 81611
Book your rental car through Avis Car Rental in Aspen or at Denver International Airport through the link below. Offering a wide range of vehicles.
Budget Car Rental233 E. Aspen Rd., Suite G
Aspen, CO 81611
Book your car through the link below for either Aspen or Denver pickup and enjoy cruising around the valley in your choice of car.
Aspen and Snowmass Village are located in the picturesque Roaring Fork Valley in west-central Colorado. Driving here from major airport hubs and metropolitan areas is simple.
- With the opening of Highway 82 over Independence Pass each summer, options for reaching Aspen Snowmass increase. From Denver, you can travel on I-70 for 77 miles to exit 195 and then proceed south on Highway 91 to Leadville. From there, head south on Highway 24 to Highway 82 and drive over the pass to Aspen, for a total driving distance of 159 miles.
- You can also reach Aspen Snowmass via I-70 and Highway 82 through Glenwood Springs, or from Highway 285 and Highways 24 and 82.
- To reach Aspen Snowmass, exit Interstate 70 at Glenwood Springs and head 41 miles south and east to Aspen on Highway 82. (Glenwood Springs is 157 miles west of Denver).
- In winter, Highway 82 over Independence Pass east of Aspen is closed, generally from late October through May depending on the first snowfall and snow removal operations, respectively.
From Aspen/Pitkin County Airport: 3 miles east on Highway 82.
- Below is a summary of distances from Colorado’s airports to downtown Aspen.
From Denver International Airport (DEN): 220 miles west via I-70 and Colorado 82.
From Eagle County Airport (EGE): 70 miles west via I-70 and Colorado 82.
From Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT): 125 miles east via I-70 and Colorado 82.
What is the best route for driving to Aspen Snowmass?
In winter, the best route is via I-70 and Highway 82 (a distance of 191 miles from Denver) because of the annual winter highway closure of Independence Pass. The drive from Denver takes in many scenic highlights of the Rocky Mountains, including the stunning Glenwood Canyon just east of Glenwood Springs.
In summer, Highway 82 over Independence Pass reopens, offering the most direct and quickest route from Denver. (It is also jaw-droppingly beautiful).
How can I stay up-to-date on road conditions?
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) maintains a helpful road-conditions website with numerous webcams and constantly updated information on conditions as well as construction updates. Search for Colorado Highway 82, which leads to Aspen from Glenwood Springs and, in summer, continues over Independence Pass to Highway 24 at Twin Lakes.