How to Have a No-Hassle Colorado Ski Vacation at Aspen Snowmass
By Susan Linden
Updated: October 2022
1. Check Your Packing List
The Ultimate Ski Trip Packing List
Worried you might leave something behind for your ski trip? No worries: we've compiled the ultimate checklist for you.
2. Take Advantage of Free Overnight Ski Transfers and Storage
Pro Tip: When renting with Four Mountain Sports all equipment storage and transfers are free.
3. Download the Aspen Snowmass App
The Aspen Snowmass App is your go-to resource for all things Aspen Snowmass. Download the new and improved version for mountain conditions and grooming reports, lift statuses, parking updates, interactive trail maps, tracking your stats (skier days, vertical feet, and bowl laps), and keeping up with events and activities. Not to mention, the app shows any rewards you have included with your pass, such as credits for food and beverage, discounts on Ski and Snowboard Schools lessons, and more.
4. Swap Your Equipment for Free at Four Mountain Sports
5. Use RFTA: Your Best Friend In The Valley
The award-winning Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) provides transportation throughout the Roaring Fork Valley on a year-round basis including free buses operating between the city of Aspen and the town of Snowmass Village. Buses and shuttles run frequently, especially during peak times. The free RFTA Flyer shuttles skiers and riders from the Brush Creek Lot directly to Aspen Highlands on Saturdays and Sundays, so it has never been easier to get first tracks on a powder day!
Here is a handy guide to finding your way around on the RFTA system:
- Traveling from mountain to mountain? Use the 4-MOUNTAIN CONNECTOR route
- Traveling around Aspen? Use the CITY OF ASPEN route
- Traveling around Snowmass Village? Use the SNOWMASS VILLAGE route
- Traveling to Aspen from Down Valley? Use the VELOCIRFTA: BUS RAPID TRANSIT route
- Traveling to Aspen Highlands from Down Valley? Use the FLYER route
6. Take Advantage of Local Hotel Shuttles
7. Or Hop in a Complimentary Audi
As a guest of The Little Nell, Limelight Aspen or Limelight Snowmass you can take a luxury drive in an Audi.
Little Nell and Limelight guests can check out the all-electric Audi e-tron SUV.
Check in at the front desk for details.
9. First Tracks
Advanced reservations are required:
- Snowmass – Offered beginning to mid-December 2019 on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. To reserve, call 970-923-0560.
- Aspen Mountain – Offered daily beginning in early December. To reserve, call 970-920-0755.
10. Take An Ambassador Tour
|Mountain||Day/Time|| Meeting Place|
| Snowmass|| Daily, 10:30am|| Sam's Knob|
| || Daily, 1:30pm|| Outside Elk Camp Restaurant|
| Aspen Mountain|| Daily, 10:30am|| Guest Services Hut near top of the Silver Queen Gondola.|
| || Daily, 1:30pm|| Guest Services Hut near top of the Silver Queen Gondola.|
| Aspen Highlands|| Daily, 10:30am|| Guest Services Hut near top of the Exhibition Lift.|
|Daily, 1:00pm||Guest Services Hut near top of the Exhibition Lift.|
|Buttermilk||Daily, 10:30am||Guest Services at the top of the Summit Express Lift|
|Daily, 1:30pm||Guest Services at the top of the Summit Express Lift|