Ski & Snowboard Safety
Know the Code: Be safe and have fun in Aspen Snowmass!
- On-Mountain Safety
- Be Prepared, Get Acclimated
- Kids Safety
- Terrain Park/Smart Style
- Uphill Policy
Please do not hesitate to ask ski patrol for help or information. Emergency phone numbers are listed below for each individual mountain. Report all accidents to ski patrol immediately. Ski patrol closes the trails whenever it is deemed necessary. Respect all closed trail signs. Skiers/snowboarders shall not enter a trail that is closed. All skiers/snowboarders involved in a collision must leave their names and addresses with ski patrol.
- Snowmass: 970-923-0530
- Aspen Mountain: 970-920-0723
- Aspen Highlands: 970-544-3052
- Buttermilk: 970-920-0969
Your Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid people or objects.
- People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way. You must avoid them.
- Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.
- Look uphill and avoid others before starting downhill or entering a trail.
- You must prevent runaway equipment.
- Read and obey all signs, warnings, and hazard markings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- You must know how and be able to load, ride and unload lifts safely. If you need assistance, ask the lift attendant.
- Do not use lifts or terrain when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- If you are involved in a collision or incident, share your contact information with each other and a ski area employee.
Winter sports involve risk of serious injury or death. Your knowledge, decisions and actions contribute to your safety and that of others. If you need help understanding the Code, please ask any ski area employee.