Travel uphill this season while supporting our community.
Uphilling is a big part of who we are at Aspen Snowmass—sunrise skins, creek-to-peak missions, uphill breakfasts, and moonlit ski tours collectively shape our community and each winter season.
As the popularity of uphilling has grown across our mountains—including hiking, snowshoeing and skinning—so has the need to manage uphill access. To facilitate skier, hiker, and employee safety; operational management; and better communication with guests about designated routes, mountain information, conditions, and closures, we now require an Uphill Pass for on-resort uphill access.
An uphill access pass, no matter how many days you use it—is $69—with $10 of this fee going directly to our local search and rescue organization, Mountain Rescue Aspen. Uphill Passholders will be required to wear an Aspen Snowmass provided uphill strap on your body or pack with a valid photo Aspen Card visible within the sleeve while skinning or hiking.
Uphill Pass Benefits
- Access to uphilling routes on the mountains of Aspen Snowmass.
Season Pass FAQs
From season dates and season pass benefits to pass insurance and policies, we're here to help answer your questions about our Season Passes.
Uphill Pass Details
Uphill Pass Details
- Uphilling is permitted daily from 5am through 10:30pm. After 10:30m, we ask that you do not uphill so that our operators have clear slopes to work.
- On Aspen Mountain, uphillers must be to the top by 9am and at Aspen Highlands, to the Merry-Go-Round by 8:30am. Temporary closures of specific routes and/or all uphill access across the resort may occur for safety, grooming, capacity, or other reasons.
- There may be temporary closures due to early season snowmaking and mountain preparation, avalanche, crowding, events, or other issues that will be communicated via the Aspen Snowmass App, email, social media, and on the Aspen Snowmass Uphill Route Status page.
- Uphill passes are $69, with $10 of this fee going to Mountain Rescue Aspen. The Uphill Pass is included at no charge to all Premier Passholders, but they must opt-in to receive it.
- A pass is required for all uphilling activities (skiing, walking, snowshoeing) including Full Moon Dinners and Social Breakfasts.
- A signed waiver on file is required for all season passholders.
- The same pass is required for both a single day and entire season.
- An uphill strap with a sleeve for your season pass is required while uphilling and can be acquired at a ticket office.
- Dogs are not permitted on any mountain during ski area operating hours (7:45am-4:45pm). The privilege of allowing dogs on the ski areas outside of operating hour may be eliminated if we experience continued incidents.
- Uphilling is permitted only on designated routes.
Season Pass Insurance
2023-2024 season passes are nonrefundable. Travel Guard’s Multi-Event insurance plan can help cover your investment if you need to cancel your season pass for covered reasons prior to the beginning of the ski season or if other covered unforeseen circumstances arise during the ski season. A closure due to Covid-19 is not a covered reason. Visit https://partners.travelguard.com/multievent or call Travel Guard at 866-385-4839 for more information. To add pass insurance please contact Aspen Snowmass at 970-923-1227or 877-282-7736.
Season Pass Policies
Circumstances, including snow, wind, avalanche, weather conditions, health concerns, public safety, or other unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control may cause us to limit access to our mountains for a period of time. When access is limited for any reason, you may not be able to utilize your pass.
Chamber passes are the property of the business and will be revoked and returned to the business if the employee is no longer eligible, including any upgrades that may have been processed.
Explore Other Season Pass Options
The Premier Pass is your ticket to unlimited skiing and riding at our four mountains and is loaded with additional benefits.
Choose between the Alpine Pass 1-Day for a single day to use per week or the Alpine Pass 2-Day, to double your days and your flexibility.
Spread your winter season out with seven days of skiing and riding across any of our four mountains.