Rules & Regulations:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”), AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES AND CANADIAN LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, D.C., OR CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID OUTSIDE OF CANADA, THE 50 UNITED STATES/D.C., IN QUEBEC, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
ALL FIELDS MUST BE COMPLETED TO BE VALID FOR CONTEST.
Must be 18 years or older to enter. Lodging based on availability. Holiday and blackout dates apply. Offer valid during the 2016-2017 winter season. Entries must be submitted no later than December 1, 2016. Drawing will be held after December 15, 2016. Only one entry per person. Aspen Skiing Company (ASC) employees and their families are not eligible to win.
All entries submitted become the property of Aspen Skiing Company. Aspen Skiing Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
Aspen Skiing Company is not responsible for any technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry received by ASC on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website.
BY ACCEPTING A SKI VACATION PRIZE (SEE RULE 4) IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE WINNERS AND THEIR GUESTS ACCEPT THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK ASSOCIATED WITH BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DEPENDING ON THE SKI VACATION PRIZE WON AND ACTIVITIES SELECTED, SKIING, SNOW BOARDING, AND TRAVEL, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR PARTICIPATION IN ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE PRIZE IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY ARE PHYSICALLY ABLE TO UNDERTAKE THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PRIZE, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES THEY ARE PARTICIPATING IN AND THEY ASSUME THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREE THAT PROMOTIONAL PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Offer valid during the 2016-2017 winter season. Entries must be submitted no later than December 1, 2016. Drawing will be held after December 15, 2016. Only one entry per person.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of and currently residing within, the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry and have a valid email address. Employees, directors, and officers, of Aspen Skiing Company (“Sponsor”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, franchisees, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, director, and officer, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or partake in a prize. Void where prohibited. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. SKI VACATION PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: One (1) Ski Vacation Prize will be awarded overall, as set forth in more detail below. Ski Vacation Prize winners will receive one (1) of the following Ski Vacation Prizes.
Aspen Snowmass Prize : Winner will receive an Aspen Snowmass (Colorado) ski vacation for two (winner and guest). Prize includes the following: A four (4) night stay at The Limelight Hotel, three (3)-day lift tickets valid at Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands & Buttermilk and two (2) round-trip tickets on to Aspen from anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Estimated value: $4,000 USD. Holiday and blackout dates apply.
All Travel Prizes: Actual value of travel prizes may depend upon lodging and other fluctuations. Any difference between the estimated value and the actual value will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events beyond its control. Winners and their guests must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for domestic and international travel (e.g., a valid U.S. or Canadian passport).
All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to travel expenses, tips, gratuities, incidentals, room service, laundry service; local and long distance telephone calls, and service charges, required transportation, any necessary lodging other than that which is offered as part of the trip, all meals and beverages, and any other miscellaneous expenses not specifically mentioned above, are solely the responsibility of winners and their guest(s). Winners’ guests must be at least 21 years of age. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or substituted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winners or winners’ guests will be forfeited. Guests have no independent claim to a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Released Parties (as defined below) are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. By accepting a Ski Vacation Prize, winners and their guests each represents and warrants that he/she is in good health and physical condition and can participate in the prize activities, and acknowledge and understand that participation in and attendance at the prize activities involves certain risks and dangers of accidents, serious personal and bodily injury, including (without limitation) death and property loss or damage. He/she understands, has considered and evaluated the nature, scope, and extent of the risks involved and voluntarily and freely chooses to assume these risks. Accommodations are subject to availability. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or substituted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
Air Travel: Ticket prizes will be awarded in the form of Certificates that must be redeemed by April 10, 2017. Travel must be between November 26, 2016 and April 17, 2017. Certificates may be redeemed for round-trip coach class travel from the winner’s home gateway to Aspen, Colorado. Any transportation that is unclaimed, is not awarded or is otherwise not used by the travel completion date specified will be forfeited. Certificate seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Certificates are non-transferable, are not redeemable for cash and are void if sold or bartered. The sale or barter of tickets obtained through redemption of Certificates is also prohibited. Any tickets obtained through such sale or barter are void and will not be honored for travel. Tickets may be cancelled or reissued without penalty for a period of 24 hours after reservation is made. After this cancellation/reissue privilege expires, date, time and routing changes are permitted (subject to the availability booking class) however a $200 fee applies. For travel within the US/Canada, based on availability, passengers holding confirmed reservations and tickets may confirm earlier/later same day flight within 3 hours from scheduled departure time between same origin/destination for a non-refundable fee of $50 USD/$61CAD.
Certificates do not include September 11th Security Fee of up to $2.50 which will be imposed on each flight segment in the passenger’s ticketed itinerary. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. $25 USD/CAD* fee for 1 checked bag and $35 USD/CAD* fee for second checked bag. Allowances subject to size/weight limits. These taxes and fees are subject to change, are the responsibility of the passenger and (except for bag fees) must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Any taxes, fees, or changes paid at the time of ticket issuance will be refunded if ticket is not used. However, once redeemed, Certificates are void and will have no further value. Certificate travel will not qualify for SkyMiles mileage. Stopovers/Upgrades/Waitlisting/Open Returns are not permitted for tickets booked with Certificates. Lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed Certificates will not be replaced. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply. It is the responsibility of the passenger to be in possession of all necessary documentation (e.g., valid passport, visa where applicable) at the time and place of departure.
*Fees are CAD exit Canada, EUR exit Europe.
4. ODDS/DRAWING DATE FOR SKI VACATION PRIZES: One potential (1) winner will be randomly selected by the Sponsor for one (1) Ski Vacation Prize from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Drawing will be held after December 15, 2016. Odds of winning a Ski Vacation Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) Ski Vacation Prize per person/household.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to the Sweepstakes. All potential winners will be notified by phone and/or email at the phone number/email address submitted at time of entry. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number. You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules
5. GENERAL: By participating, participants: (a) agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules; (b) consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, cities and states of residence, photograph, voice and/or other likenesses and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, and for sharing this information with the press for viewing, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law; and (c) release, discharge and hold harmless, Sponsor, Aspen Skiing Company, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claims, losses and damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property, arising out of, or relating to, their participation in this Sweepstakes, and/or the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prize, or participation in any prize-related activity, including as set out in the Limitations of Liability section: Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its respective affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Sweepstakes Website; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, the Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives. If Sponsor suspects that an entrant has engaged in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, the entrant will be contacted as soon as practicable.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Released Parties do not assume any responsibility and the entrant releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes or prize, including, without limitation, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection and confirmation of winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of the prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete entries, transmissions or transactions, those that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in anyway related to the awarded prize or the Sweepstakes itself; (iv) failure of the website or any operations or transmission of information during the Promotion Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human or technical, errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Sweepstakes, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (v) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, without limitation, printing or advertising errors or the failure of or problems with any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes howsoever caused; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or otherwise; (vii) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging, awarding or use of a prize; or (viii) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor will conduct the drawings at random to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Sweepstakes entries/game plays received up to time of such action for this Sweepstakes.
7. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Colorado without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the state of Colorado.
8. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Aspen Skiing Company, 117 Aspen Business Center, Aspen, CO 81611
9. RULES GOVERN. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes related materials, including, but not limited to, the Sweepstakes entry form.