- All day, 7 days a week
- Dogs are prohibited between our operational hours of 7:45 AM - 4:45 PM at Buttermilk during the ski season. Before and after operational hours, you may bring your dog on-mountain with you. Please pick up any pet waste and pack it out with you
- Please follow all designated routes (see below), which are marked with orange disks on the side of the trail.
- Uphillers must remain visible at all times.
- Uphillers must stay on the side of the trail and single file.
- Uphillers must be aware of downhill traffic and avoid blind spots.
- Uphillers must be aware that the slopes are in use 24 hours a day, and to be on guard for snowmobiles, snowcats and other vehicular traffic operated by Aspen/Snowmass.
- Uphillers must stay away from all snowmaking equipment and may not cross snowmaking lines at any time.
- All uphillers must have a valid lift ticket or pass to ride up any lifts.
- Uphill traffic may be restricted due to pre-season preparation, avalanche mitigation efforts or ski area construction and maintenance activities.
- As with downhill traffic, uphill traffic must obey all on-mountain signage, including closed runs and ropelines.
- We strongly suggest using lights and reflective clothing for nighttime ascents or early morning ascents
- The main route is closed during Winter X Games, January 24 - 27, 2019
- Carrying children or babies in backpacks or carriers is not permitted on any mountain at Aspen Snowmass
Respecting these rules preserves this privilege. Failure to follow these rules could result in the loss of skiing and riding privileges.Designated routes:
On the main mountain, the route follows the orange disks up Columbine from the base, snakes back in the woods and then crosses Midway Avenue to Ridge Trail to the top. The Tiehack route goes up Eagle Hill to Ptarmigan, for the most part on skier’s left / ascender's right.