Racer Bags: Each racer will be allowed to deposit one bag at the start/finish. ASC will provide an outer bag for yours to be placed inside of. Make sure your name and bib number are clearly written on the outside of the bag. Bags will be dropped at the Rodeo Lot aid station and then returned to the finish.
Course Marking: The course will be marked with red/white striped tape and directional signage with the event logo.
Aid Stations: The aid stations will minimal offerings to
decrease contact between staff and racers. Water and electrolyte mix will be
given out in disposable cups that can be poured into water bottles by racers.
Other basics will include items such as RX bars and Skratch Labs Energy Chews that are individually
– Top of Aspen Mountain (2.58 miles from start)
– Intersection of Midnight Mine and Castle Creek Road (7.86 miles from start)
– Aspen Highlands Ski Patrol Headquarters (11.3 miles from start)
– Tiehack Parking Lot (17 miles from start)
- West Buttermilk Gate
– Elk Camp Restaurant (24.8 miles from start)
Cut-Off Times: To ensure racer safety we will have a cut-off at the Tiehack Parking lot. The cut-offs will noon at Tiehack parking lot and 4PM at the Elk Camp Restaurant.
Normal Mountain Operations: We ask each racer to keep in mind that Snowmass and Aspen Mountain will be open to guests as usual starting at 10am. Also Government Trail is open to the general public on race day so please be respectful of the general public on the trails and aware of other users.
· Stay on the designated trails; no short-cutting switchbacks. Those attempting to take short-cuts will be disqualified and publicly shamed.
· Headphones are permitted, but please be respectful when entering aid stations and crossing other trails. Be aware that the trails are open to the public and, in spots, cross other trails that may include cyclist, runners, hikers, etc. Please rock-out responsibly.
· If you choose to drop out please alert the nearest aid station personnel. We do not want to worry your emergency contact person!
· No littering! We have trash cans and recycle bins at each aid station. Just because it's a race doesn't mean you get to forget your manners.
· If you must relieve yourself, please use a bathroom or discretion...