10K competitors will be given a complimentary pass to ride the gondola to the start at the Elk Camp Restaurant which is mid-mountain on Snowmass.
Racer Bags: Each racer in the 50K division can have a drop bag taken to the halfway point. Make sure your name and bib number are clearly written on the outside of the bag. Bags will be dropped at the Tiehack aid station and then brought to the finish.
Course Marking: The course will be marked with red/white striped tape and directional signage with the event logo.
Aid Stations: The aid stations will minimal offerings to
decrease contact between staff and racers. Supplies will include water, Base Performance Hydration Mix, Base Performance Bars, Base Performance Gels, bananas, chips and candy.
– Top of Aspen Mountain (2.58 miles from start)
– Intersection of Midnight Mine and Castle Creek Road (7.86 miles from start)
– Aspen Highlands Ski Patrol Headquarters (11.3 miles from start)
– Tiehack Parking Lot (17 miles from start)
- West Buttermilk Gate
– Elk Camp Restaurant (24.8 miles from start)
Cut-Off Times: To ensure racer safety we will have a cut-off at the Tiehack Parking lot. The cut-offs will noon at Tiehack parking lot and 3:30PM at the Elk Camp Restaurant.
Normal Mountain Operations: We ask each racer to keep in mind that Snowmass and Aspen Mountain will be open to guests as usual starting at 10am. Also Government Trail is open to the general public on race day so please be respectful of the general public on the trails and aware of other users.
· Stay on the designated trails; no short-cutting switchbacks. Those attempting to take short-cuts will be disqualified and publicly shamed.
· Headphones are permitted, but please be respectful when entering aid stations and crossing other trails. Be aware that the trails are open to the public and, in spots, cross other trails that may include cyclist, runners, hikers, etc. Please rock-out responsibly.
· If you choose to drop out please alert the nearest aid station personnel. We do not want to worry your emergency contact person!
· No littering! We have trash cans and recycle bins at each aid station. Just because it's a race doesn't mean you get to forget your manners.
· If you must relieve yourself, please use a bathroom or discretion...
PRIZES & AWARDS
All racers will receive a custom Helly Hansen event branded shirt. The top 3 finishers in each gender will be awarded medals at the podium ceremony at the finish.
Prize money will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each gender for the 50K division - 1st - $500, 2nd - $250, 3rd - $125.