Audi Power Of Four Trail Run
2023 COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
The Audi Power of Four Trail offers runners a scenic mix of trails across the mountains of Aspen Snowmass.
50K –The challenging 50K course will traverse all four Aspen Snowmass mountains starting at Aspen Mountain and finishing in Snowmass Base Village.
25K –The 25K will start at the base of Tiehack on Buttermilk and traverse the Government trail to Snowmass Base Village.
10K - The 10K course will start at a the Elk Camp Restaurant which can be accessed via the Elk Camp Gondola on Snowmass Mountain and will finish in Snowmass Base Village.
*The exact route for the courses are still subject to change based on conditions
Section 1: Aspen Mountain
- Start on the west side of gondola plaza (Residence’s at Little Nell side)
- Climb Little Nell
- Turn left at bottom of Bell Chair to Bingo Slot
- Up Spar Gulch to base of Ajax Express Chair
- Follow Deer Park Trail
- Climb Silver Bell to summit at Sundeck
- Descent Midnight Mine Road to Castle Creek Road
Section 2: Aspen Highlands
- Up Congo Trail from Castle Creek Road
- Right on Grand Traverse at the top of Congo Trail
- Left at Wine Ridge
- Left on Summer Road up on to Broadway to Patrol HQ (OUT & BACK SECTION)
- Down Broadway (Summer Road) to Merry Go Round restaurant
- Left on road between Merry Go Round restaurant and guest service pavilion
- Follow road to bottom of Cloud 9 lift
- Turn right down Memory Lane
- Left down Summer Road from wide turn-around
- Left on rig path off Park Ave towards Lower Stein
- Left on Summer Road from top of Lower Stein
- Left from Summer Road down Lower Jerome Park
- Under bridge and right onto Thunderbowl Lane
- Cross Maroon Creek Road onto trail
Section 3: Buttermilk
- From Tiehack Parking Lot follow trail up Eagle Hill
- Continue on trail up Sterner Gulch
- Follow trail up Ptarmigan to top of Tiehack
- Pass Cliff House and continue up Tom’s Thumb towards top of W Buttermilk
- At the top of W Buttermilk Lift go past warming hut out the gate to follow trail along the ridge
- Turn right and descent trail through Sugar Bowls
- Turn left on Government Trail and follow to Snowmass ski area gate
Section 4: Snowmass
- From Government Trail gate onto Snowmass turn left and follow Elk Camp road up a few hundred feet
- Turn right onto Government Trail/Vista Trail and then turn left onto Vista Trail
- Follow Vista Trail to Elk Camp Restaurant turning left behind restaurant and following road to the right around the restaurant
- From Elk Camp Restaurant follow signage to the Rabbit Run trail
- Follow signage on Rabbit Run to the Espresso trail
- Follow Espresso (there are three locations this trail crosses roads and the trail follows the road uphill until you see signs for the trial)
- Turn left on Cross Mountain Trail after series of switchbacks
- Follow Cross Mountain trail past Ullrhof Restaurant (slight detour at large wood bridge - follow signage)
- Continue on road past restaurant through tunnel and bear left onto Village Bound after you go through the tunnel
- Remain on Village Bound past the bottom terminal of the Sam's Knob lift.
- After crossing the road and passing the TeePee, take a left onto Discovery Trail.
- Discovery will merge with the work road at the top of the concert venue.
- Follow the road down to the finish at Snowmass Base Village