Aspen Snowmass allows uphilling at its ski areas. Please keep in mind that uphilling is a privilege and not a right. Our rules are put in place to minimize conflicts between uphill and downhill traffic on the slopes and maximize everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
Please be aware that no ski area services, including Ski Patrol, are available during hours that the ski areas are not open for business. Please call 911 in the event of an emergency during non-operational hours. You are responsible for your own safety at all times while on Aspen Skiing Company property.
Uphilling Rules for Snowmass
Uphillers: due to early-season conditions, there will be no uphilling available on open trails at Snowmass from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
- Uphilling is not allowed at Snowmass during operational hours.
- Uphillers must remain visible at all times.
- Uphillers must stay on the side of the trail.
- Uphillers must be aware of downhill traffic and avoid blind spots.
- Uphillers must be aware that the slopes are in use 24 hours a day, and to be on guard for snowmobiles, snowcats and other vehicular traffic operated by Aspen Snowmass.
- Uphillers must stay away from all snowmaking equipment and may not cross snowmaking lines at any time.
- All uphillers must have a valid lift ticket or pass to ride up any lifts.
- Uphill traffic may be restricted due to avalanche mitigation efforts or ski area construction and maintenance activities.
- As with downhill traffic, uphill traffic must obey all on-mountain signage — including closed runs — and ropelines.
- Dogs are not permitted under any circumstances during operational hours.
- Adams Avenue is closed to uphill traffic.
Respecting these rules preserves this privilege. Failure to follow these rules could result in the loss of skiing and riding privileges.