Tours serve as an orientation to the mountain on intermediate runs and take one to two hours. They are ideal for those who have never been to Aspen Mountain or returning visitors who need a refresher.
Aspen Center For Environmental Studies ToursLearn more
ACES Snowshoe TourWeave in and out of serene spruce and fir forests as you take in Aspen's majestic vistas from Richmond Ridge with a knowledgeable Naturalist on this two-hour guided snowshoe tour. Learn about wildlife in winter, tracking, mountain ecology, Aspen history, avalanches, and winter habitats.
- Every day at 10am and 1pm. Meet guide at the top of Aspen Mountain, in front of the gondola. Snowshoe tours begin on December 14.
- Purchase tickets at any lift ticket office. Please allow 30 minutes before the tour for ticket purchase and gondola ride.
- Prices: $77 Adults, $58 (youth ages 17 and under, and seniors 65 and up).
- If you have your own lift ticket tour prices are: $45 for Adults, Youth & Senior
- Tour price includes gondola ride, snowshoes, knowledgeable guide, and basic snowshoeing instruction.
- Approximately 2.5 miles round trip. Tours take place on gentle terrain and are held at a leisurely pace.
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended.
- Ages 7 and up.
- No reservations.
- Call ACES during open hours (Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm) with any questions 970-925-5756.
Get to know Aspen Mountain like the locals do with our community ambassadors. Ambassadors lead tours every day on Aspen Mountain.
Ambassadors are at your service. In addition to free orientation tours, they offer information on terrain and facilities, and goodies like apple cider. They also hand out RXBARs at the base of the mountain at the end of each day.
Times & Locations
Ambassador Tours: 11am and 1pm (Meets at the top of the mountain at Guest Services Center)
Special Program: Aspen Skiing Company Ambassadors lead fascinating tours with training from the Aspen Historical Society. The tours give insight into the vibrant mining and ski history lying beneath your skis as you tour Aspen Mountain. (Friday Only): 11:00am and 1:00pm (Meets at the top of the mountain at Guest Services Center)
Tours serve as an orientation to the mountain on intermediate runs and take one to two hours. They are ideal for those who have never been to Aspen Mountain or returning visitors who need a refresher. All skiers must be an intermediate level or better to join.