Volunteer activities are defined as the contribution of uncompensated work done for a public or private non-profit organization or community group for the benefit of the community, not including service required through Colorado’s Alternative Sentencing Program.
Examples of typical volunteer activity would be:
- ASC organized activities (trail building, Habitat for Humanity build days, adopt a family programs).
- Education-related (tutoring, mentoring, coaching at local schools or after-school programs, volunteering at your child’s school).
- Environmental (stream monitoring, data entry for a nonprofit, etc.).
- Health Work (blood drive, hospital candy-striping, etc.).
- Human Service (food bank, disaster relief, working with elderly, disabled, or homeless populations, etc.).
- Beautifying the physical space of eligible non-profits (carpentry, landscaping, painting, etc.).
- Non-Profit Board Stewardship (consulting with and coaching non-profit or community agencies).
- Cultural (Aspen Music Festival, Aspen Ideas Festival, Aspen/Santa Fe Ballet).
- Community Events (USA Pro Cycling Challenge, Aspen Food and Wine Classic).