ACES Ski Tour
Drop in at the Wapiti Wildlife Center at the top of Elk Camp lift and ski a run with a knowledgeable Naturalist from Aspen Center for Environmental Studies. Take a free tour and learn about our high-alpine environment — wildlife in winter, tracking, avalanches, winter habitats and other interesting signs of life that go unseen during your skiing experience! More information.
- Beginning December 18, tours depart from the Wapiti Wildlife Center every day at 11am and 1pm
- Lift ticket and ski/snowboard gear required
- Tours are free and take 45 minutes
- Minimum age: 7 years old
- Intermediate skiing ability is required
- No reservations necessary
- Questions? Call 970-925-5756 or visit the ACES ski tours page.
Wapiti Wildlife Center is open to the public every day as well. Come warm up, explore the center and learn about the different animals living in the mountains around us.
ACES Snowshoe Tour
Explore spruce and fir forests along a babbling creek in the Snowmass Ski Area on this two-hour guided snowshoe tour with a Naturalist from Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES). Learn about Rocky Mountain winter ecology, animals, and more as you discover the area and enjoy the silence of a snow-covered forest. More information.
- Beginning December 14, tours are offered every day at 10 am and 1 pm. Meet guide at the top of the Elk Camp Gondola.
- Purchase tickets at any lift ticket office. Please allow 30 minutes before the tour for ticket purchase and gondola ride.
- Prices: $58 Adults, $49 Youth (7-17 years) and Seniors (over 65 years).
- If you have your own lift ticket tour prices are: $38 Adults, $29 Youth & Senior
- Tour price includes snack and warm drink, gondola ride, snowshoes, knowledgeable guide, and basic snowshoeing instruction.
- Approximately 2.5 miles round trip. Tours take place on gentle terrain and are held at a leisurely pace.
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended.
- Ages 7 and up.
- No reservations.
- Call ACES during open hours (Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm) with any questions 970-925-5756.