Join our staff for an early-morning, first run of the day on freshly groomed snow or powder. Offered at Snowmass on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays beginning mid-December. Space is limited. Available to upper-level intermediate skiers and snowboarders, ages 11 and older. Call or stop by the information desk in the Snowmass Ticket Pavilion at 970.923.0560.
- Reservations must be made in advance and space is limited
- Reservations can be made up to one week in advance and are limited to once per month
- Maximum number of spaces per reservation is 2
- Guests must have a reservation and valid lift pass and be ready to load to the Elk Camp Gondola at 8am
- Late arrivals or guests without a reservation cannot be accommodated
- Need to be a Level 7 or above skier/snowboarder
Aspen Center For Environmental Studies ToursLearn more
ACES Ski TourDrop in at the Wapiti Wildlife Center at the top of Elk Camp lift and ski a run with a knowledgeable Naturalist from the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies. Take a free tour and learn about our high-alpine environment — wildlife in winter, tracking, avalanches, winter habitats and other interesting signs of life that go unseen during your skiing experience!
For more information, click here.
- December 2020 - April 2021: Daily 11am and 1pm
- Lift ticket and ski/snowboard gear required
- Tours are free and take 45 minutes
- Minimum age: 7 years old
- Intermediate skiing ability is required
- No reservations necessary
- Questions? Call ACES during open hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm) with any questions 970-925-5756.
ACES Snowshoe TourExplore spruce and fir forests along a babbling creek in the Snowmass Ski Area on this two-hour guided snowshoe tour with a Naturalist from Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES). Learn about Rocky Mountain winter ecology, animals, and more as you discover the area and enjoy the silence of a snow-covered forest.
- Beginning December 14, 2020, daily at 10am and 1pm
- Adult: $71, Child (7-17): $52
- Approximately 2.5 miles round trip. Tours take place on gentle terrain and are held at a leisurely pace.
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended.
- Ages 7 and up.
- No reservations.
- Call ACES during open hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm) with any questions 970-925-5756.
Get to know Snowmass inside and out with our ambassadors. Ambassadors lead tours every day on Snowmass. Ambassadors are at your service. In addition to free orientation tours, they offer information on terrain and facilities, and goodies like coffee in the mornings. They also hand out RXBARs at the base of the mountain at the end of each day.
Times & Locations
Times & Locations
- 11:00am (meet the firepit outside Base Camp in the Plaza at Base Village)
- Special Program – Over the Hillers – (Tuesdays beginning early January through the end of March): (Meets upstairs at the Ullrhof at 10:00am to leave by 10:15am). An open group invitation geared towards skiers and snowboarders over 50 so who want to ski together for most of the day, led by a dedicated ambassador.