Throughout the pandemic, Aspen Skiing Company has been committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, their families, and members of our community against coronavirus (Covid-19). We believe we have an important role to play and believe the requirement for vaccinations for our employees is key to driving toward an end to this pandemic.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and the resurgence of Covid-19 via the Delta variant, as of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace.
This decision will affect all current employees and new hires to the company. This policy is based on guidance and recommendations issued by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities. Exemptions will only be granted for medical reasons pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act and religious reasons pursuant to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Employees.
If you are interested in employment at Aspen Skiing Company and want to know more about how this policy affects you, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Contactless Booking
- Mandatory Masks
- Social Distancing
- Capacity Limits
- Increased soap and water for handwashing are available at each workspace
- Hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 available at each workspace
- Disinfecting wipes or spray that is effective against COVID-19 shall be available near workstations and all high contact surfaces for guests to use
- Increased disinfection of high contact areas, break rooms, bathrooms, and other common areas
- Increased ventilation and decreased occupancy within work areas
- Redesigned workspaces allowing social distancing for employees and customers when not required
- Limits instituted in confined spaces and increased signage for customers to encourage social distancing
- Shields or barriers installed between customers and employees
- Products handled by guests will be sanitized and removed from showroom for the rest of the day and held from the racks for at least 24 hours before being returned to stock
- Symptom surveillance, including a temperature check, shall be conducted before employees enter each workspace
- Compliance with local government symptom tracker and associated policies and Workplace Coordinators assigned to each shift to ensure compliance
- No employees are allowed to come to work if sick or experiencing any of the following symptoms, headache, sore throat, fever, cough, recent inability to taste and smell, shortness of breath, body aches, diarrhea, fatigue, chills, vomiting and/or abdominal pain etc
- ASC seasonal employee housing changes: Daily screening assessment requirements for each resident, pre-move in negative COVID test requirement and no guest policy
- Leave policies support social isolation measures to ensure each employee is paid appropriately during a contract tracing event
- In the event of a COVID-19 tracing event or infection, daily check ins / support provided by medical professionals
Many other procedures that are too numerous / detailed to list here will be available upon hire and new hire orientation within your new department. If you wish to gain an understanding of various procedures by location such as; Gondolas and Chairlifts, Ticket Offices, Lost Forrest, Camp Aspen Snowmass, Transportation, Rental and Retail see each section here.
Limits instituted in confined spaces and increased signage for customers to encourage social distancing. Staff will monitor traffic flow into and out of the ticket offices allowing a limited number of guests inside the office at one time.
Symptom surveillance, including a temperature check, shall be conducted before employees enter each workspace.
Hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 available at each workspace.
Contactless Online Booking: Self-serve kiosks encouraged for guests to use.
Shields or barriers installed between customers and employees.
Shields or barriers installed between customers and employees with hand sanitizer at all stations.
Electrostatic gondola cabin sanitizer to sanitize gondola cabins quickly and easily.
Added tenting and heated seating at a number of our on mountain restaurants for increased spacing between guests.
Pitkin County and Blaine County responses to COVID-19
For full details regarding Blaine County's response to COVID-19, click here. (Limelight Ketchum)
If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Acquisition contact during the interview process or your HR representative after you have joined Aspen Skiing Company.