We understand that, while we love skiing Aspen Snowmass and we love technology, they don't always love each other. Here are a quick fixes to common problems:
YOUR PHONE IS DYING. FAST!
Unfortunately, powder is great for skiing but not great for battery life. Avoid exposing it to the cold air unless absolutely necessary. Keep it in a warm pocket. There are also some great cases that help to prevent your battery from dying in the cold, and even some portable chargers that are small and can help you juice up between runs.
Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 32 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit (0 and 35 degrees Celsius). Low or high temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior in order to attempt to regulate its temperature. For more information regarding iPhone reactions to extreme cold or hot temperatures, and tips to helping improve performance on-mountain, check out this support article
on Apple's website.
UPDATE YOUR PHONE AND UPDATE YOUR APP
A lot of times, weird quirks and crashes within mobile applications is simply because they haven't been updated. Software updates on your phone are crucial for good app experiences across the board, and as we continue to grow the app and its technology we'll also be pushing out new versions and updates. Before reaching out to our Guest Services team, make sure that your phone is updated to the most recent Operating System and you're using the most recent version of our app.
In order for our maps to accurately show where you are on the mountain, or to use the vertical feet and Bowl lap tracking features, you'll need to give the app permission to track your location. -
For the most accuracy in tracking, make sure you enable Location Services to “Always Allow” – setting your Location Services to “Only While Using” will cause discrepancies with the technology. This technology will run for eight hours from the time you accept location tracking. If you don't want to to turn on location tracking, that is OK with us but the maps will remain static, we will not be able to show you where you are located on our on-mountain maps, and you will not be able to track your vertical skiing and Bowl laps stats.
For maximum accuracy you'll need to make sure to open the app and accept location tracking before you get on a lift, if at all possible. If not, the maps and tracking will still work but the location tracking technology will reset itself when you get to the top of the lift you're riding in order to appropriately understand where you are on map, which could take a minute.
Please take note that there are limitations to GPS tracking and there may be occasional blips if a satellite signal is being blocked by something nearby. This doesn't happen often. It should correct itself, or you can try closing out of the app, then reopening it and navigating back to the maps and stats & tracking pages.
Also, note that Location Services are automatically disabled after 8 hours of use. This helps preserve battery life. You will need to close the app entirely, and reopen it to start tracking your location again.
If you are still having trouble, please notify our Guest Services team at 1-855-509-8642.
YOU CAN'T CONNECT YOUR ACCOUNT
If you meander over to the "Your Account" tab, we'll walk you through how and why we sync your account. If you're having issues syncing accounts it might be because you have multiple Aspen Cards. If you have your other Aspen Card(s) on hand, feel free to see if a different Aspen ID works. If not, our Guest Services team has access to view your entire account, and can help get you the right number / identify the problem.
1. Ensure that your last name, email address and Aspen Card ID are correct. If you are unsure, try a different email address. If the issue persists, contact Guest Services at1-855-509-8642
2. In some cases, you may not have an email address associated with your account. You will need to call our Guest Services team to get this set up, and then you will be able to complete the steps to connect your account. Please contact them at 1-855-509-8642.
3. If your account does not have a birthdate associated with it, our Guest Services team will need to help get that set up in order for you to complete the steps to connect your account. Please contact them at1-855-509-8642
4. You may have more than one account in our system. If this happens, you might not be able to connect to your account with your email address and/or you may not see accurate skier days reflected when you log in. If you are having trouble, our Guest Services team can help merge your accounts into one and get you on your way. Please contact them at 1-855-509-8642.
6. Have you purchased in the past with us but don’t have your Aspen Card? You’ll need one to ski, but if you already purchased and it is on the way, our Guest Services team can get you the Aspen Card ID to use. Please contact them at 1-855-509-8642. If you aren’t skiing, you can continue as a guest and access many features of the app without it.
7. If you still need to purchase lift tickets, you can continue as a guest in the meantime and use many features of the app without an Aspen Card.